Saturday, July 16, 2005

If only we could bottle all that energy....

Since Tristan learned to walk I have been trying to figure out how to harness a bit of his energy, pill and bottle it. Oh the millions we could make from desperate mommies everywhere! I'm sure the same enigma parents of toddlers have for centuries been pondering. Well tonight I am posting at 12:42. The entire house has been asleep for hours. I, on the other hand, have been completely rapped up in conversation with Lashelle. God I miss living closer to her. When we were both living entirely different lives and struggling to find common ground in which to hang out on, we lived so close. And now that our lives are taking the same path and we once again have novels to share, we are entirely too far apart.
Tonight she needed to vent. Family issues of a nature I can relate. I know how during these times it is so important to have an ear to listen that is totally on your side. That's always been her for me so I am grateful for the two and a half hours of uninterrupted time I could give her tonight. She's one of those few people you find in your life that no matter how different or similar paths you walk, you have a bond that crosses into spirituality. I strongly believe that she is part of my soul group, no other way to explain it.
I am so full of thoughts after talking to her. And as I pondered where all this was coming from, it dawned on me... caffeine. I had a liter of Dr.Pepper tonight! I haven't had caffeine in quite some time, I'm like a two year old with a Hershy bar!
1am. Tristan woke and needed assistance back to bed. Probably a place I should start thinking about. I'll just add it to the plethora of topics on list this evening. Like moving. I am so ready to move an hour drive out of my life. Granted I'm sure I'll be out to visit my parents, but I won't mind that once a week-ish. To be able to actually run to the store, or walk if so inclined.
I figure at this point the baby will be waking up soon, why not wait it out. But what if he sleeps til 4am again?? So I wake him and feed him. But then I am reinforcing waking up more often to nurse! Ahh the ramblings of a sleep deprived mad woman, aka: a mom.

No comments: