Friday, July 22, 2005

Hi Ho, Hi Ho.....

It's back to work I go on Monday. I hear that I may not have to put in two weeks in order for my maternity leave and medical to have been covered while I was out. We shall see. Although I am very excited to embark on my journey of motherhood, there is an anxiety there. I have never really been without a job for a long time. Not in the past 5 years anyway. And now to know I will not have a "job" for a few years is kinda freaky. Not that being a mom, let alone a stay at home mom is not work. It is the hardest work you can do. But without a paycheck or review and raises, how can I measure how I am doing?
I will miss my co-workers. I have been very lucky to work with a special group of people that in their own ways really do care for each other. We took great pride in our success as a team. I'll miss that. I really hope that after Jer and I rejoin civilized society I can see some of the girls on a more social basis. And speaking of that.....
We were informed this morning that we got the house we wanted. It's really nice, the amount of space we needed, green and pretty front and back and a spacious kitchen! I am so excited to move and am already planning my first dinner party!! Perhaps I will have a birthday party this year. Just an excuse to have people over, something we haven't done in a while. I will no longer be disappointed if I don't get to go to Hawaii, cause I'll have plenty to do in the new house!
Yesterday Jer and I celebrated 5 years married. We feel very lucky to be at such a great place in our relationship this early on, not that we didn't work to get here. Most people never find a place like this in a relationship, not even with their spouse. I really feel like I am getting it all; a husband that I have known for 12 years who loves and cherishes me like every woman hopes for, two beautiful, healthy boys that I now have the opportunity to stay at home with and raise, and we may actually be living in a home that is very close to what we will want to buy in the near future. But above all I am actually at a point that I can see how lucky I am and not take it for granted and for that I am truly grateful.

No comments: