Monday, July 04, 2005

Family Bonding

Zander has become so much more aware this past week. If you catch his eye you may just get a warm fuzzy smile or a gleeful coo. He will shriek in delight and gurgle the sweetest sounds, none of which were the case today... more so this afternoon.
We had made plans to venture to the "farm", aka Jer's office. Our plans: to BBQ and swim, enjoying a family filled Fourth of July. We packed up all preparations and Zander's swing to keep him entertained. I even braved buying a new bathing suit and putting my pale body in it to swim.
I'd swear he ate all but the first half hour we were there. And in that half we unpacked, I pumped, and we decided to jump in the pool before baby awoke. Tristan was all suited up in his swim attire, the safety vest, but refused to get in the pool. He seemed to be afraid, something that has never been the case before. He has always loved to swim, but alas today he cried in torture as we begged him to swim with us.
We no sooner stopped begging the 2 year old, and the baby woke up to eat. I dried and fed him the entire 4ounces I pumped. Jer got out to cook our burgers and with cooking and eating time, 20 minutes, Zander-man was fussing again. I prepped another 2ounces but he fell back asleep. So back into the pool when...... the demanding cries of an infant withering away to nothing. Jer's turn. Z-man pounded down the 2ounces and took an additional 2.5 from me. I thought he had to be done. We swam a last little bit and Tristan was dirty and wearing thin from playing in the outdoor heat. T and I took a quick shower and dressed. I could hear Zander talking back to Jer in the living room. I knew his teasing coos were turning to hunger pains. I zipped around to clean up our mess and before I could finish I was high in demand.
I know this child does not suffer form failure to thrive; heck he looks to be 2months old! I moved up to 3-6 month clothes and may have to move up a size in diapers soon also. Does Wal-Mart happen to exchange the wrong size diapers?? I just love his fat cheeks so much; I could just munch on them! He is just a sweetie though, growing like a weed. I couldn't have asked for a better baby.
I have to throw in how proud I am of my little man. Tristan, for tackling his 2s, has done great adjusting to Zander. I know I feel worn through some days, but I am truly blessed by my family. My boys are healthy, smart, and happy. I have a wonderful husband who adores me as much as I do him. We have the same aspirations for our lives and children. When I think of what others are going through in their everyday, I realize how blissful I should be. Funny how you have to look outside, to see the beauty within.

No comments: