Wednesday, July 13, 2005

And the COO's have it!

Zander has progressed into the little talker. Usually first thing after breakfast he can talk your ear off. Leaves me to wonder what it is he is chatting about. He has also taking a liking to mimicking facial expressions. I have yet to see Tristan catch on to our little ball of laughs, but once he does he'll have his own personal audience.
Now just because Zander has not caught Tristan's eye yet, does not mean the opposite has not happened. I was mid diaper change for Z-man, when Tristan rushed in with vital news. He babbled and yammered on frantically for a few minutes then dashed off after an abrupt "Aaa-kay!". I had heard the ooh-ing and ahh-ing going on from the floor but once I saw my wide eyed chunker I had to laugh. Poor guy was breaking his little neck trying to follow where Tristan had dashed off to, all smiles. Just makes me so excited and anxious for Zander to be hot on Tristan's heels.
As each day passes and Zander pushes the 7week mark, I am astonished at how fast time flies. As a preggie I couldn't wait another day for him to be out. And now I kick myself for each day that passes that is not caught on film. I realize that just as the days of Tristan's coo's have passed so quickly into memory, so will Zander's. And some day I will find myself digging through old photos and memories to tell their girlfriends, wives, and someday children all about my babies.

No comments: