Sunday, April 02, 2006

Sensible Shoes.

The perfect top off to a long overdue pedi, is a new spring sandal. How convenient that Payless was two shops down from the salon. And as we tried on shoe after shoe, nothing was quite what I was looking for. I actually uttered the phrase "I need something sensible." Ya know, the kind of shoe that is fashionable and I can catch a racing toddler with baby on hip and run no risk of twisting an ankle. Am I actually picking my clothing based on my children? Later I pointed out the cutest skirt, but that nasal-y little voice came forward again with "I could never get on the floor and change a diaper in that". Who is this tired, obviously fashion retarded, boring motherly type emerging from within? It must be a split personality taking shape. I, Carrie Joy, would never ward off fashion for comfort. There was a time when I would cram my 8.5 into a 7.5 just to have "tinier" feet. Or cut off circulation and "suck it in" all night to wear a size or two smaller jean. Now I find myself grabbing the size up instead of down to accommodate my momma booty and have some wiggle room for floor time. Is this what happens when you have children? Along with your memory goes your sense for style? There are days I make the extra effort, but most days side on the all too convenient, cozy pants and "no bra needed" tanks. No perky boobs here! Just enough support while comfort remains #1.
So I guess all those comfy maternity clothes have ran into my dailey wardrobe. Or maybe I should slip back into those maternity clothes one more time. Then I'll have it out of my system. But I guess to do that and retain my dignity I'd have to produce yet another spawn, and that would for sure yank any chance of wearing something more than "sensible" for another 3 years.

No comments: