Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Natural progression

Day 3 of Potty Training:
Today we've only had 4 accidents. The first day counting accidents instead of triumphs is a welcomed variant. He now seems to understand his urge and most often can make the initiative to get to the potty before the flood gates open. His first solo success was announced by the infamous Dora cry "I did it!". He has since graduated to a simpler "YaaaaY"(arms waving optional). But alas my baby looks even more like a little boy in his Superman tight-y white-ys and less of the tiny babe I gave birth too. He still crawls into my arms to cuddle upon waking, but that is fleeting for sure.
Zander is currently testing the waters for walking by experimenting with standing. What was but a quick 2-3 seconds has evolved into 20-30 with a sudden step. And of course that shook his world and he immediately plopped on his cushy behind to ponder this new.... Walking. Of course crawling is much faster at catching Daddy and big brother. So dabbling with walking will have to be reserved for Tristan's naptime or the random short moments he gets to play with Mommy or Daddy alone.
Lately I have seen Tristan evolve into a loving big brother who occasionally suffers from a bit of sibling rivalry. I can often catch moments of bliss when T-man will pull Zander onto his lap and hug him like a teddy bear. Zander usually looks at him in total puzzlement before squirming like a worm about to be shoved on a hook. Of course Tristan just wants to love his "baby brudder" and can't imagine why Zander is not content to sit as still as he. Then there are times Tristan will haul Zander out of the way by dragging him by a foot away from, oh say the open refrigerator then run past him to slam it shut sending Tiny Z into a fit of rage. He will indeed pay him back later as he sits beneath the entertainment center and cries each time Tristan attempts a sneak scaling of it to switch DVDs when he is told specifically not to. This will attract the Mommy who will be punishing said brother. "That'll teach him to drag me".
I am truly blessed with my boys and although I have some days that I really feel as though I will pull each hair out of my head, I have far more that I am completely sure I could have another. Now convincing Jer that he could is a whole nother entry.

No comments: