Wednesday, November 09, 2005

This Sucks!

When Tristan stole a drink of soda from my cup at 10 months by grabbing my straw and sucking it up I was very surprised at his ability to observe and mimic. But when Zander slobbered down the cold, bitter-sweet Jamba goodness today I was beside myself. This boy is but 5 months old and is grabbing anything and everything and shoving it into his wee mouth to devour. I figured the rubbery straw on Tristan's cup would be a safe chew toy for the boy. Little did I know he would suck up the Jamba with such furry and fight to have it back once I realized what I had done.
But it's not just the Jamba or a cup for that matter that he fights for. You have to be weary of anything you eat or drink too close to mini-munchkin. His chubby arms wave about frantically with a gentle "Uh Uh" for anything he desires. If it so happens to be close enough to snatch, he grabs on with pudgy fingers of steel and raps it up in arms. Then the ever-flowing drool spout dives full faced into it. Perhaps, just maybe he'll get a bit into his mouth. He is so excited about anything he can get his grubby paws on and mouth. So imagine the squeals of delight emerging when his almost always futile attempts resulted in that fruity smoothie goodness. I had to "cut him off" or else feel the rath of a glucose induced high from my midgit man. So I guess we can safely say he is not allergic to strawberries, pineapple, or yogurt either.
As eating goes, Zander proves to be a pro. I can see my picky eater will be Tristan and I'll have to hide food from Z. It's just a matter of time before I come in to find Zander polishing off half a cheeseburger that Tristan left about. Or perhaps some mini-Oreos and a sippy cup full of chocolate milk. Something tells me this kid will self-wean himself at 9 months once he figures out what's inside that purple cup. I'd trade up too! So unless I start producing choc-nilk or Jamba, I may lose my bitty one shortly after he crawls. In the mean time I'll stop resenting nursing and milk it for all it's worth. hehe

No comments: