Thursday, March 01, 2007

What's in a name?

We have gone round and round about names for this baby. Even though we do not yet know the sex, we still feel we should be prepared with names come birthday. We have many option for boys that we like. Little does Jer know that if we have a 3rd boy, I will finally have my Micah. Micah what? Really doesn't matter, Jer pick the middle name, but Micah he shall be. Other names we have tossed about are Mason, O'ren, Eleanor, Shiloh, Gillian, Kia but it's hard not knowing. We try to attach ourselves, but what if we come up with the perfect name and get the opposite sex? With just over a month to go and a new house and puppy the clocks a tickkin'.
I keep having the same dream over and over: The baby has arrived. I pass her off and keep telling each visitor that "It's a girl, but she has no name." I get more and more frustrated each time I have to say it. Do I really KNOW it's a girl. Is that what my body is telling me? Or am I just stressed over not having a name we are totally in love with yet. Both of the boys were named by 6months, yet here I sit on the verge of my 9th month with little more than ideas. A huge part of me is hoping for and would be relieved by another boy; even though the rest of the world seems to think we were "trying" for a girl. I am over prepared for a boy, including the name....Micah. Someone said to name a girl Micah, but I always pictured a little blond-haired boy with big blue eyes named Micah. NOT A GIRL. Perhaps that's why the baby in the dream is female, because I've named a boy. Having a girl would mean all new baby supplies and the dreaded naming conundrum.
let's just hope the sight of her inspires something. Perhaps she will just look like a ...... well it will come to me. Jer named Urbn before we ever got her home. Maybe there will be a nurse with a special name or maybe April, since she will most likely come in April. Or a movie with an outlandish character we just love, gods hopefully something. Then again, perhaps it will come to me in a dream.

No comments: