Monday, May 22, 2006

Happy Birthday T-man!

This time, 3 years to the day, I was lying in a hospital bed at Chandler regional, Jer snoozing on the couch, listening to the tiny racing heartbeat of my 1st born. I was anxious to meet him and look upon his face. I had envisioned and dreamed of it many times, and now the moment was so close. I was but a few hours from true mommy-hood and could barely contain myself. It was like I was 5 on Christmas morning! Who needed sleep and why on earth wasn't everyone else as wired and ready as me? He would finally arrive just after 11 weighing in at 7lbs 3oz and 21inches long. Quite the bundle and perfect taboot. Head full of dark hard and a glowing olive tone he no doubtedly got from his father. We were the proud parents.
Today Tristan is a racing toddler. We have had little worries, aside form the occasional cracked noggin, scrape or bruise. He is smart as a whip and just as quick. He is a big brother and still my baby. Today he is 3 and as excited as I am to see him grow and change, lost are the days of new motherhood and spending hours with him in the recliner nursing, rocking and napping. Now I am just happy if he'll take a nap, but he's still sleeping in our bed! Why is it that the best things are always so fleeting? Perhaps it's so we will stop and take a longer look knowing that this moment is more special than the bad days. Than all the bad days in one, this moment of happiness, of love, of life is so special and will never be again. We need to breathe it in and take stock of it. As today Tristan turns 3, in fact just a mere 3 hours from now, we will celebrate this day and remember those fleeting moments of new family bliss and think of the years as a family we have to come.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LITTLE T-MAN! love mommy

No comments: