Thursday, October 13, 2005

In the still of the night.

It is so funny how when Jer is out of town I can't seem to get to sleep. Both boys are out, and while I should take advantage and catch some ZZZZ's before Zander wakes for his 2am feeding, I sit here with my mind all a-buzz. Perhaps I just feel more safe and settled with Jer here. Not that I get that much quality sleep lately anyway, but I sleep worse when He is not in the house.
My boys keep me so busy and throw in Owen and I barely get the time to pee during the day. Funny how the weight on my ass manages to hang on despite how little I eat and the amount of chasing, bouncing, hopping, dancing and clean-up I do. You can't see it in my legs but I do hundreds of squats a day, although all the lifting is keeping my arms looking pretty lean. But we all know how a good pair of arms looks in tight jeans. (insert sarcasm here)
So as if I have a bounty of energy to spare, we are joining a gym in an attempt to lose our baby weight, yes Jer too, and get healthy. Which in turn, I am told, will reap more energy to be had in the end. Energy I am sure my boys will find something to do with.
If only we had a home gym I could burn some insomnia on. I already did some yoga and meditation, but that always got me refreshed and going in the morning. Not to be done for winding down in my case I suppose. SO late night television, here I come.

No comments: